NDA 2017 (National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Exam)
UPSC conduct NDA examination twice in a year (in the months of April & September) to offer admissions to eligible candidates in defence sector (Army, Navy and Air Force). In April month UPSC conduct NDA & NA (I) examination and in September it conducts NDA & NA (II) examination.
The examination is conducted two times in a year. NDA (I) 2017 will be organized on 23rd April, 2017 and NDA (II) 2017 will be organized on 10th September, 2017.
NDA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals, a subject of Bhutan or Nepal, Tibetan refugee came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- To apply for NDA-I, students should be born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2001.
- To apply for NDA-II, students should be born between 2nd January 1999 to 1st July 2002.
- Army Wing of National Defense Academy – Candidate must have passed 12th from a well known education board.
- Air Force and Naval Wing of National Defense Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy – Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Math and Physics from a well known education board.
NDA 2017 Application form
The application forms will be available for NDA 2017 I Examination from 18th January 2017. The last to submit applications is 10th February 2017, hence the interested candidates can apply online before the last date. After release of official notice candidate can follow the given process or access the given link to check
Click here to Apply NDA/NA 2017 Examination
- Go to the official website of UPSC – www.upsc.gov.in in order to fill the application form.
- Get the registration link and open it (will be available after official notice for NDA 2017).
- Once the application form is opened, read out all the instructions and then fill the details.
- Make sure the details which you have entered should be in accurate and complete format.
- Before submitting the form, re recheck the details once again.
- Now after that you will be asked to pay the application fee. You can pay the fee via both online and offline mode.
- Make sure that you take the print out of conformation page of paying the fee.
- After that upload all the details accurately and lastly submit it.
NDA 2017 APPLICATION FEES
- 100/- for general and OBC students
- SC/ST students or sons of JCOs/NCOs/Ors categories are not required to pay any application fee.
Candidates can make fee payment via online (Visa, master, debit card and net banking) or offline (Cash payment in SBI Bank).
NDA 2017 EXAM PATTERN
The question paper will be divided into 2 section- Mathematics & General Ability sections.
- There will be total 120 questions scoring total 300 marks for Mathematics section and 150 questions scoring total 600 marks for General Ability Section.
- Total marks for the NDA examination will be 900.
- The duration of examination for section I will be 150 minutes and for section II will be 150 minutes.
- There will be penalty for each wrong answers.
NDA 2017 SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process of NDA 2017 will complete in 3 stages
- Written examination
- Personal Interview
- Medical review by Command Hospital
The qualified candidates of written examination will be called to attend personal interview at SSB centres allotted by SSC and then successful candidates will be eligible for Medical review. Personal interview will be scheduled in 5 days. The candidates will be shortlisted and made to do the task.