Builders Merchants are the people who are in charge of supplying materials for the building and construction industry.
The responsibilities of Builders Merchants may include:
- sourcing materials from suppliers and manufacturers, and take care of delivery to site from suppliers or manufacturers,
- ensuring that they have an ample supply of materials on site,
- deciding on the type and quantity of materials required for jobs,
- negotiating prices with suppliers or manufacturers,
- measuring quantities using scales (the length is also checked by a steel tape measure),
- packing items such as tiles in a box to be sent to site.
Choosing a career should be a meticulous process. Take a Career Assessment Test to check your suitability for Builders' Merchant
Click here to choose a plan
Check if your skills are appropriate for Builders' Merchant. There is scope and opportunity in every career if it matches your Interest, personality, and aptitude.
We follow a top to bottom approach. Our career counselors in the face to face counseling session would first discuss whether Builders' Merchant is a suitable career option for the student/child or not. If the reports show that child does have the aptitude, personality, and interest required for this particular career, then the counselor will guide him/her about the scope, job opportunities for Builders' Merchant and also help with the entrance exams, colleges, courses, private tutors, etc for this career.