A career in Photography blends both artistic and technical acumen, and like most other arts, needs practice and perseverance. Photographers produce and preserve images that paint a picture, tell a story, or record an event. With the rapid growth of communication networks, explosion of the advertising sector and media communications as well as fashion boom, digital photography has become the modern version of this art form.
• Specialize in Photojournalism, Commercial photography, Advertising, Fashion, Food display, Industrial photography Wildlife photography, Aerial photography, Scientific photography
• Work for newspapers and news magazines who commission them to provide photographs of newsworthy events, things and situations
• They combine an ability to find and record dramatic action with photographic talent.
• Use agility, good observation and alertness to get the best pictures
• Click photographs for firms dealing with merchandize, exteriors and interiors, machinery and fashions to be used in advertising and selling
• Use a variety of cameras, lights, props etc
• Cater to a variety of clients: fashion houses, designers, portfolios for models, fashion journals and newspapers
• Fashion photographers are aware of styles, moods and fashion trends
• They work in the studio as well as on locations
• Work for food manufacturers, hotels and restaurants, exporters, dairy and ice-cream companies
• Click pictures either in a studio with an attached kitchen or in hotels for exclusive shots
• Click photographs of workers on the job, machinery, industrial layout, prominent places in the industry etc. for use in company publications or for ad campaigns
• They have knowledge of the industry as well as its equipment
• Click pictures of nature, wildlife, birds, and their habitats
• They have keen observation, patience, an eye for interesting details and love for adventure
• Wait for hours to catch the animals in the right mood and pose
• Work in sanctuaries, forests and reserves
• Take aerial photographs of places, buildings, landscapes, terrains during natural disasters, war, or under similar situations from aircrafts in flight for use in news, business, industrial, scientific or military purposes
• Prepare photographic illustrations and documentation for scientific publications and research reports
• The chief areas scientific photographers cover are engineering, aerodynamics, medicine, biology or chemistry
Read more Blogs on diferent Careers ...
Employment Opportunities for Photographer:
Photographers work with:
• Magazine and newspaper publishers
• With commercial photographers
• In their own studio
• Press & publishing houses
• Food product industries
• With food stylists
• Ad agencies
• Industries, medical institutes
• World organisations
• As freelancers
Look for Photographer Jobs...
How to become Photographer?
• Std XII
Bachelor of Applied Art(Photography)or
*National Institute of Design, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, India International Photographic Council, 12 Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi offer basic courses in Photography
Apprenticeship with a renowned photographer is also an option for training.
Read Blogs on Entrance Exams, Colleges and more...
Median Pay Scale / salary of Photographer :
59 Thousand to 5.92 Lakhs per annum
Top Photographer Colleges in India:
• University Of Delhi
• Asian Academy Of Film & Television
• Jamia Millia Islamia
• Savitribai Phule Pune University
• Jawaharlal Nehru University (jnu)
• Symbiosis Institute Of Media And Communication
To keep exploring, head on to our page on career banks and blogs on different careers, entrance exams, courses, college, jobs etc.