A computer programmer creates the code for software applications and operating systems. After a software developer or computer software engineer designs a computer program, the programmer writes code that converts that design into a set of instructions a computer can follow. He or she tests the program to look for errors and then rewrites it until it is debugged, or error-free. A programmer continues to evaluate programs that are in use, making updates and adjustments as needed. There were 344,000 computer programmers employed in 2012. They typically work from offices, sometimes as telecommuters from their own homes. The computer systems design and related services industry most programmers. Many for corporations and other organizations, for and universities, that develop their own software programs to be used internally.
• Develop, test and implement computer programs on multiple computer/operating system platforms
• Help develop a new web-based information system (IS).
• Performs all activities necessary for the definition, design, construction, testing and implementation of automated computer systems.
• Review programs on a frequent basis and make adjustments as are necessary to ensure proper working of the program.
• Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
• Create and publish technical diagrams to support coding efforts.
• Integrate new functionality into existing applications.
Employment Opportunities for Programmer:
After gaining experience, a computer programmer may be promoted to a managerial position. One with business experience may become a programmer-analyst or systems analyst. Specialized knowledge and experience with a language or operating system can lead to a computer programmer becoming a computer software engineer.
How to become Programmer?
To work as a computer
In addition to education, experience and technical skills, one also needs certain soft skills, or personal qualities, to succeed in this field. A programmer must have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. He or she should be detail-oriented and have good listening, reading comprehension and time management skills.
Median Pay Scale/salary of Programmer :
The average salary for a Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer is Rs 360,303 per year. People in this job generally don't have more than 10 years' experience. A skill in Linux is associated with high pay for this job. Experience strongly influences income for this job.
To keep exploring, head on to our page on career banks and blogs on different careers, entrance exams, courses, colleges, jobs, etc.