Scientific Instrument Maker
The career of a scientific instrument maker is not an easy one. It takes patience and passion for science to pursue this profession. But the rewards are worth it.
Careers in engineering are becoming more and more popular. For those who want to make a career in the field of science, this section will provide you with all the necessary information.
Working as a Scientific Instrument Maker, you will be responsible for building and constructing scientific instruments. You will need to have knowledge in physics, chemistry, mathematics and electronics.
It is also important that you have an understanding of how these instruments work and what they do.
You would also need to know how to use the tools required for this job.
This type of career is suited for people who are interested in science but don’t want a career as a scientist or engineer.
Becoming a scientific instrument maker in India typically involves a combination of education, training, and experience. Here are some general steps you can take to become a scientific instrument maker in India:
1. Education: To become a scientific instrument maker, you typically need at least a high school diploma or equivalent. However, having a diploma or degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or instrumentation technology can be beneficial.
2. Gain technical skills: Acquire technical skills in the field of instrumentation by taking courses or programs in subjects like electronics, mechanics, and physics. Additionally, learn the necessary software skills to design and model scientific instruments.
3. Gain hands-on experience: Work as an apprentice with an experienced scientific instrument maker, laboratory, or instrument manufacturer to gain hands-on experience. You can also work in a manufacturing company that produces scientific instruments.
4. Build a portfolio: Build a portfolio of your work to showcase your skills, creativity, and precision. Your portfolio can include design drawings, computer-aided designs, and physical models.
5. Apply for Jobs: Look for job openings in companies that manufacture scientific instruments, scientific research labs, and academic institutions.
6. Keep up-to-date: Stay up-to-date with advancements in instrumentation and related technologies by attending workshops, conferences, and taking courses.
7. Consider certification: Consider obtaining a certification in scientific instrumentation from professional organizations such as the Instrument Society of India (ISOI) or the International Society of Automation (ISA).
By following these steps, you can gain the necessary education, training, and experience to become a scientific instrument maker in India.
Choosing a career should be a meticulous process. Take a Career Assessment Test to check your suitability for Scientific Instrument Maker
Click here to choose a plan
Check if your skills are appropriate for Scientific Instrument Maker. There is scope and opportunity in every career, if it matches your Interest, personality and aptitude.
We follow a top to bottom approach. Our career counselors in the face to face counseling session would first discuss whether Scientific Instrument Maker is a suitable career option for the student/child or not. If the reports shows that child does have the aptitude, personality and interest required for this particular career, then the counselor will guide him/her about the scope, job opportunities for Scientific Instrument Maker and also help with the entrance exams, colleges, courses, private tutors etc for this career.