About Tata Institute of Social Sciences - SVE
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936, as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work.
The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute, when it was recognized as a Deemed University by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India. Today, the TISS is a Government of India Institution and has earned recognition as an Institution of Repute from different Ministries of the Government of India, various State Governments, international agencies such as the United Nations, and the non-government sector, both national and international.
Post Graduation Programmes
In December 2011, Tata Institute of Social Sciences set up the School of Vocational Education (SVE) to provide immediate and definite interventions to improve the lives of youth, through appropriate vocational training programmes. This project has been initiated under the aegis of All India Council for
Technical Education (AICTE) proposed by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. These programs will focus on imparting and upgrading the skill and knowledge of individuals who are already working and this would thereby provide opportunities to individuals of enhance their employability and growth prospectus. Our center for Post Graduation Programmes in Mumbai is at Mulund.
Benefit to the Students
1) Full time PG Diploma from India's Premier Institute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences
2) Once a week lectures - students can continue working
3)Placement & Internship Assistance provided
4) Faculty from the Industry - Learn from Industry Experts
Pg Diploma in Training & Development
Training and Development is one of the most powerful, strategic and critical functions – not just in the HR department – but across an organisation. It is imperative that the Training managers reach out to the functional managers & impress them on the need to work together with training and development specialist as a business partner for the benefit of their own function. This can significantly contribute to organizational, group and individual effectiveness, efficiency, growth and success. This course has thus been designed to help training and development professionals to understand the function thoroughly and to help them acquire the prerequisite skills to be able to ably perform their task or lead the team proficiently.
Below please find a list of L&D experts who will conducting the PG diploma in training and development
Some of the main trainerd are
1) Minal Iyer - Minal has over 14 years of experience in training and content development. Has headed Content and L&D departments in the past for Financial Services, Health care, Paints, Petroleum companies. Minal is certified on instructional design for content deveploment. Certified on Transactional Analysis 101 accredited by ITAA, USA
2007 Certified Wealth Manager (CWM) from The American College in affiliation with IAIFM
2) Satyanarayan Iyer - is a corporate facilitator and certified leadership coach with over 17 years experience. He has trained and headed L&D departments for FMCG, BFSI and telecom companies in India and Middle East.Certificate of Coaching (RCS - accredited by ICF), Certified on Transactional Analysis 101 accredited by ITAA, USA, Certified Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming from The Richard Bandler,Society of NLP, Financial Services Specialist (FSS) from The American College in affiliation with IAIFM, Certified Moderator by IAIFM, Fellowship of Life Underwriters Training Council (LUTCF) from The American College in affiliation with IAIFM
3) Almas Shaikh - With an overall experience of 15 years in various Learning and Development Roles in Organizations like JP Morgan, Hutchison 3 Global Services and Vodafone India Services Pvt Ltd. Certified Situational Leadership II Facilitator (Ken Blanchard and Companies) Certified Associate Project Manager (In Affiliatiation with PMI) Certified Assessment Center Analyst – Designing, Developing and Conducting Assessment Centres Certified Professional Behavioural Analyst (DISC Analysis) Certified LSI Practitioner - Human Synergistics (USA) Certified Coaching Clinic Facilitator-Corporate Coach U (Australia) Certified TNA and ROI Specialist - Langevin (USA) Certified Experiential Training Expert - Dr. Colin Beard Certified Who Moved My Cheese Facilitator -Dr. Spencer Johnson (USA)
We also invite guest faculties from the L&D industry.
Documentation required for the February 2018 PG batch
> 1) Attested copy of Graduation certificate and mark sheet
> 2) Attested copy of your ID proof
> 3) 2 passport size photographs
> 4) Resume/profile
> 5) Form fee of Rs.100/ will have to be paid in cash at centre.
> Total fees for the course is Rs. 89000, which you can pay in instalments
To post review, please