Success mantra to prepare and clear cut-off of UPSC CDS 2022

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the CDS 2022 Examination on April 10, 2022, the admit card of which is already released by the commission on the official website, i.e. https://upsconline.nic.in. The Combined Defence Services (CDS) 2022 examination will be held at various locations across the country using an OMR-based pen-and-paper format. 

Every year, when the UPSC CDS result is announced, the Commission announces the cut-offs for various categories. Those who score at or above the cut-offs advance to the next round. The minimum qualifying percentage required in each subject is 20%. That means candidates are subjected to score 20 percent marks in every paper.

Here, I am sharing three essential tips with you for your exam preparation in the last few days:

In order to ace the exam, you should keep up with current events, read English newspapers, and solve previous year's question papers.

• Benefits of Daily reading of an English newspaper – Any national English newspaper will help you to improve your analytical skills. This will also improve your national and global awareness, as well as your vocabulary.

• Attempting at least two previous-year papers daily– Instead of theory revision, the final 10 - 15 days should be spent solving UPSC CDS full-length mock tests and UPSC CDS 2022 previous-year papers. This will allow you to gain a better understanding of the pattern of the exam, syllabus, and help in the management of time. Check the tentative score at the end of each Mock Test that you attempt online. I would recommend to you a genuine website Testwale.com  for attempting Free CDS Mock Tests. Their Test Series are designed by the subject matter experts and will help you analyse your preparedness. 

• Revising Current Affairs from various sources: As I mentioned above the benefit of taking the mock tests, you can also revise the current events by attempting Daily short quizzes of Current Affairs at Testwale. You can also refer to youtube for various current affairs-related videos. These are uploaded on a daily basis and summarise the events that are taking place around the world. While watching these videos, you can take your own notes for revision.

Apart from the tips I mentioned above, there are some important tips to keep in mind while preparing:

• A thorough understanding of the syllabus will aid you in your CDS preparation.

• I advise you to spend more time revising your weaker topics and less time on your strengths.

• Several toppers claim that in the last month, a minimum of 7-8 hours per day should be allotted to CDS preparation, with 1 hour devoted solely to revision.

• Give preference to basic concepts over other formulas; they will mostly be basic Topics.

• Choose the topics with the most weightage.

• 'Practice makes a man perfect,' as the saying goes, so practise, practise, practise as much as you can...

• Always prepare in a calm environment

• After each study session, take a deep breath and go for a short walk.

Good Luck with the Exam Day!

WRITE A REPLY:

Ask career queries

whatsapp_chat